Welcome To Moron University where stupidity is the preferred concentration and we churn out the awful boss.
Ever work for someone who is incompetent? If you haven’t, well good for you. However if on the off chance that is what you are dealing with right now… let me give you some advice. QUIT! Ok, now I know it may not be as easy as that right now and you may not be in a position to do this. So, let’s talk about what you can do now to deal with your awful boss until you get yourself in a better situation.
Awful Boss Tips…
- Set up a One on One Meeting: This may be feasible for some and not so much for others. If you can however have a conversation with your boss, set up a meeting with your boss and go over the issues you have.
- Offer a Helping Hand: If your boss won’t listen to reason, then make a mental note of your boss’s weaknesses and help out in those areas. While your boss is responsible for the team, you can ensure that your team shines where he is lacking. This makes you and your team look good.
- Use Caution: Although you may feel like your boss is a moron, be careful what you say around others. In fact, I wouldn’t say anything because you never know who is rubbing elbows with who. So keep this to yourself and go home and yell it to your dog. Sure you might get a funny look from the dog, but who’s he going to tell. LOL!
- Keep Records. Document… Document… Document. One more time, document everything. Why? Because if something goes wrong, you will have a written record of what happened. Be sure to include what was discussed, dates, decisions made, actions you took, emails if there are any, parties involved and results.
- Personal Growth. Ok, so you may not see much growth working under your current boss. If that’s the case, look for other mentors within the organization. Look for someone that is at a high level who you’d want to learn from; someone who seems to be going places and who would have your back so to speak.
Well, thanks for stopping by and reading up on The Awful Boss. Chime in with your comments below on how you have handle your awful boss
Until next time,