Updated: May 31, 2021
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
Please note that certain personal information must be supplied to place an order. You may also be required to provide certain additional information when signing up for an account. This information may include your name, address, phone number, email address, credit card number and expiration date, card verification number, etc.; however, this information will never include your social security number. We use this information to process and complete your order and provide service to you.
We encourage you to keep your user ID and password confidential and to ensure that your computer and software are up to date. If for any reason whatsoever you feel your user ID and password have become compromised, please contact us immediately.
In connection with your use of our website, certain other information may also be collected. For example, we may use “cookie” technology (as explained below) to help keep track of items that you have placed into your cart before checkout, to help validate your identity, and to help detect and prevent potentially fraudulent activity. We may also use “web beacons” (as described below) to help analyze and audit web traffic.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect the following categories of Personal Data about you when you use or otherwise interact with our Products:
- Email address
- Home/work/mobile telephone number
- Postal or other physical address
- Credit/debit card information
- IP addresses and other information collected passively, as further detailed in the “Passive Collection” section below
- Device identifiers, as further described in the “Mobile Application” section below
We collect and/or process your Personal Data in connection with the below activities related to our Products:
- Account registration
- Use of certain Product features
- Generating reports based on information collected from use of our Products
- Requesting service and support for our Products and providing such support
- Placing transactions or orders
- Registering to attend a seminar or webinar
- Participating in an online survey
- Billing and collecting payments for our Products
- Participating in discussion groups or forums
- Registering for newsletter subscriptions
- Customizing the advertising and content you see
Processing of your Personal Data
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity (i.e. processing that is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, such as your terms of agreement with us that allows us to provide you with the Products) and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others (e.g. our users) such as:
- Personalizing, improving or operating our Products and business
- Better understanding your needs and interests
- Fulfilling requests you make related to the Products
- Providing you with information and offers from us or third parties
- Complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes with users, enforcing our agreements
- Protecting, investigating and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity
We process Personal Data for purposes such as:
- To process your orders and deliver the Products that you have ordered
- To provide reports based on information collected from use of our Products
- To keep you up to date on the latest Product announcements, updates, upgrades, system enhancements, special offers, and other information
- To provide support and assistance for our Products
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content
- To provide the ability to contact you and provide you with billing and or information
- To provide customer feedback and support
- To provide and administer contests or other marketing or promotional activities.
- To the extent you choose to participate, to conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers and end users
- To personalize marketing communications and website content based on your preferences, such as in response to your request for specific information on products and services that may be of interest
- To contact individuals that you refer to us and identify you as the source of the referral, in accordance with the “Referral” section below
- To meet contract or legal obligations
How long we retain your Personal Data depends on the type of data and the purpose for which we process the data.
BROWSER COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
We use browser cookies — small files containing a combination of letters or numbers that are sent to your computer — to help enhance your online experience and make your use of our website more efficient. While various web browsers may allow you to block or disable browser cookies, please note that our website, particularly the shopping cart and checkout features, may not work properly if you disable browser cookies.
We may also use web beacons — a small, clear graphical file that your web browser may download when loading a page on our website — to help analyze and audit our website and the related transactions.
When you download and use our Products, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or ”UDID“). We send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you can turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
CONFIDENTIALITY & EXCEPTIONS
REVIEW OF AND CHANGES TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may review the personal information you have provided to us. Please note that your user ID and password will be needed to review your account information and that some account information may not be changed.
If you are having difficulty correcting or updating your personal information provided to us, please contact us at email@example.com
CHILDREN MAY NOT USE THE WEBSITE
Our website is intended to be used by adults only and is not directed to children under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you are not eligible to use our website or place orders for our products. We, therefore, do not knowingly collect information about children.
If you believe that we have collected personal information from children under the age of 18, please notify us immediately so that we may take steps to eliminate the information.
A WARNING ABOUT EMAIL THAT WE SEND AND ABOUT “PHISHING”
We may send you emails from time to time to provide you with useful information regarding our products and services, including special, limited-time offers and discounts. However, we do not and will not at any time request any personal information via email, nor will we include a link to the account login page in the email. If you receive an email requesting your user ID, your password, your social security number, or your credit card and/or bank information, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND BY PROVIDING THE INFORMATION REQUESTED. If you receive an email requesting any of this information, it is likely that you have received an attempted theft of your identity commonly called “phishing.” Likewise, if you receive an email urging you to log in to your account, and providing you with a link to the login page, it is also likely that you have received a “phishing” email. In either case, you should bring the email to our attention by forwarding the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If we send you an email requesting that you log in to your account, we strongly recommend that you open your web browser and manually input the address for our website. Doing so will ensure that you do not open some third-party website disguised to look like our website.
For more information about “phishing,” you should visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website at www.ftc.gov.
If you reside in the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland, you may have additional rights with respect to your Personal Data, as further outlined below. These rights may include rights under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the EU, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland.
If you choose to email us through the “Contact Us” link on this site, you will be asked to provide information such as your name and email address so that someone from our team can respond to your questions and comments.
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted.